Supervisor: HQ Youth Power Action ALHIV Study Manager
- The Technical Officer, will work closely with the FHI 360 study manager and principal investigator located in FHI 360 headquarter (North Carolina, USA) and will be responsible for supporting study management, supervision and implementation of the technical intervention activities under study within Nigeria.
- The Technical Officer will ensure that all deliverables are being met on time and with quality, and will perform all the responsibilities and duties related to supporting collaboration with the local implementing project, SIDHAS in the Akwa Ibom State Office and possibly Cross River State office, as well as with FHI 360 country office staff in Abuja and other stakeholders and creating linkages with local partners, and, relevant ministries, local government and private agencies.
- This person will lead logistics for intervention implementation and serve as the liaison between FHI 360 HQ and the local research firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Logistics support to the state offices focusing on reporting, distribution, shipping, storage and warehousing of commodities
- Responsible for daily to day warehouse maintenance and security and escalates major issues/repairs/improvements to the Study Manager for support
- Ensure that all required health inventory checks are conducted and all variances reconciled
- To provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems.
- Work with the Study Manager to direct outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of Youth Power Action ALHIV study; ensure health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and ensure that all required inventory checks are conducted and all variances reconciled.
- Liaise on a regular basis with FHI 360 HQ and the selected local research firm on findings and reports.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Education, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, and 5-8 years of experience with intervention implementation or management; or a Master’s degree in the same fields with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are critical for this position.
- Experience of procurement systems with an International Development Organization.
- Experience with research or interventions for people living with HIV and/or adolescents is desired.
- Experience in engaging and managing communications on USAID-funded projects, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), including International NGOs, and State and National government officials.
- Experience in and working knowledge of HIV treatment and care service delivery in Nigeria.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (max. of 3 pages) to: APROProposal@fhi360.org