- FHI 360 seeks a Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist for an anticipated The Fleming Fund Country Grant for Nigeria-Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Nigeria.
- The Country Grant will address critical gaps in surveillance of antibiotic resistant bacteria in Nigeria.
- This grant will support implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance, and will focus on selected number of AMR surveillance sites.
- We will work closely with local entities that are already involved in AMR surveillance, AMR/AMU oversight and improvement activities, local and national Technical Working Groups and national and regional reference laboratories for human and animal health, participating AMR/AMU surveillance sites, and other government and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies as well as Mott MacDonald, The Fleming Fund Management Agent.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- This position will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals.
- This position is based in Abuja with frequent field visits (50 percent or more) in different parts of Nigeria.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and sharing of AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals.
- Provide technical assistance to reference and regional animal and human health laboratories and AMR/AMU surveillance sites to collect, refine and analyze the AMR/AMU surveillance data.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to national stakeholders and One Health and AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical leadership in mapping of distribution pathways of antibiotics in humans and animals.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to national and regional human and animal laboratories and AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team on surveillance and M&E-related activities.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and three years’ experience or a Bachelor Degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and five years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social scientific research and surveillance in public health
- Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research method
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in public health
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (spoken, written, typing)
- Knowledge and experience of AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (max. of 3 pages) to: APROProposal@fhi360.org