Development Gateway (DG) is an international nonprofit organization that creates innovative information management and data visualization technology, implements data-focused programs, and conducts research and evaluation to further sustainable development: www.developmentgateway.org
Project Management and Implementation
• Works closely with clients, partners and technical staff to ensure that project benchmarks are met on time, within budget, and done to client satisfaction.
• Responsible for conceptual design and integration of relevant technologies, research, planning, and testing of applications.
• Leads and defines business processes/rules, user stories, test cases, and user interface prototypes.
• Design and conduct qualitative research, assessments, and data analysis of public and private agriculture data in government ministries and across the fertilizer data value chain Documentation and Training
• Collects, documents and maintains new requirements for IT systems that manage data for government and international organization decision-makers.
• Leads training sessions with clients and partners.
• Provides support and documentation for improving and creating clear data management processes. Conducts system testing and follow-up with IT team.
The Education and Experience You Have and We Need
• Fluency in English required. Additional languages (particularly French) a plus.
• Must have experience engaging with ministries of agriculture (preferred) and/or the private sector to work with agriculture data
• Familiarity with key agriculture data sources (e.g. FAO Country Stat, Ministries of Agriculture, CGIAR, etc.) and data standards.
• Experience working in the fertilizer sector preferred.
• Overseas experience required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of direct technical and management experience.
Gourmet chefs welcome, but more importantly:
• You have effective project management and presentation skills. You enjoy getting things done and building relationships.
• You have strong problem-solving skills and are known for your commitment to continuous product and process improvement.
• You have a solid ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, creative environment. Entrepreneurial attitude and skills important.
• You bring an understanding of Internet-based applications development lifecycle and technologies.
• You’re comfortable working with data using spreadsheets, simple databases, and/or statistical software packages.
• You can communicate easily with both technical and non-technical staff and maintain good communication with our geographically dispersed team.
• You use strong organizational skills to handle a broad and unpredictable workload, meet deadlines and work under own initiative.
• You can work effectively both autonomously and as a great teammate, influencing others’ attitudes and behaviors through example.
We’re also looking for: Excellent written and verbal communication and customer interaction skills. Understanding of business relationships and concepts.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Agriculture Senior Associate – Ghana” in the subject line. Only applicants authorized to work in Ghana should apply