The Anou Cooperative is a community of artisans working together to build an artisan centered, 21st century craft economy in Morocco. Our cooperative is powered by our online marketplace that enables all artisans, regardless of literacy or geographic location, to sell their work directly to customers around the world. Further, our cooperative is fully managed and owned by artisans from our community.
- Fluency in English and Arabic or Berber. French a plus, but not necessarily required.
- Experience working with artisans in rural communities. Preferred experience working with Moroccan artisans, particularly artisans within the Anou community.
- Degree or several years professional experience in design preferred.
- Moroccan national, Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, or Anou Supporter/Volunteer, heavily preferred.
- Ability to live and work in Morocco and travel extensively throughout Morocco to work one on one with artisan groups in their communities. Up to 50% travel may be expected.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often times opaque environment with minimal supervision and structure.
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Director of Creativity and Production” and submit answers to the two following questions in English: