Reporting to the Global Head of HR (with a dotted line reporting to the Regional Director, Africa), the Regional HR Business Partner (HRBP) will have responsibility for all aspects of human resources for the Africa region (Kenya, Uganda, South Africa). These may include but are not limited to employee engagement, organizational design, employee relations, performance and reward management, recruitment, job evaluations, compensation, training and development, policies and procedures, and benefits in compliance with local country and organizational requirements. The HRBP will also be responsible for working with the Africa Management team (AMT) and staff on employee relation issues, leadership development, policy interpretation, etc. The ideal candidate will partner with the AMT and Human Resources team in New York HQ to ensure organizational strategy and goals are being supported by local HR programs and practices relevant to the region. This role requires strategic and operational expertise with the ability to communicate change and engage employees and managers alike to create an inspiring great place to work office culture.
- Demonstrated proficiency in partnering with and influencing business leaders as well as all staff at varying levels
- An understanding of priority-setting, resource management and the bridge-building required to develop enduring working relationships and instilling trust
- A confident, clear and conscientious communicator – who can work effectively with key stakeholders and members of staff at all levels of seniority
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- The position requires critical thinking skills, detail orientation and a strong professional demeanor. Confidentiality and discretion is a must
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and maintain a sense of perspective.
- The position requires a fair-minded, people-oriented and caring individual with excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to diversity.
- Must be able to balance employee needs and concerns with organization policies and business management concerns.
- It requires a highly motivated individual with a strong customer service orientation and a demonstrated commitment to IAVI’s organizational values and credo.
- Ability to work in a global matrix-management environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment with multiple stakeholders competing for HR attention.
- Knowledge of HR information Management Systems and proficiency in MS Office packages. Strong ability to utilize powerpoint and excel is preferred.
- An energetic strategic and dynamic individual who embraces change.
- Have a sense of humor, flexibility and humility.
- Must have a strong foundation in HR with at least 7 years of experience in a progressive HR environment with at least 2 years in a regional HR capacity.
- Bachelors in Business, Human Resources, Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Human Resources certification from the institute of Human Resources Management, Kenya is a plus in addition to other relevant HR credentials
- A solid understanding of labour laws and practices in East and Southern Africa.
How To Apply