Valar seeks an exceptionally qualified individual to serve as a Kenya Analyst in support of a Kenya-based commercial client with interests predominantly focused in the coast region. The successful applicant will possess advanced analytical skills and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the political, security, cultural, and economic environment in Kenya to produce high-quality written and oral analysis from a number of open and closed sources. This position will brief Valar senior leadership and, at times, executives of current clients. The Kenya Analyst will report to the Senior Analyst under the Department of Information and Analysis in Nairobi.
- Three (3) to five years (5) of experience performing All-Source Intelligence Analysis or similar analytical roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (International Relations, International Business, Politics, Security Studies, Journalism).
- Proficiency in Open Source information collection and analytical tools; familiarity with establishing human networks.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel; familiarity with geospatial technology (CARTO, ArcGIS, Google Earth, QGIS).
- Highly effective organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment; strong attention to detail; keen understanding of time-sensitive requirements.
- Solid appreciation of social, economic and, and environmental justice; strong qualitative analytical capacity in program management.
- Experience conducting due diligence investigations through open source tools and commercial databases.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with impeccable writing skills.
- Prior experience working and living in Africa, ideally Kenya.
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org